We at ECI are pleased to invite you to read our 2018 Annual Report, outlining our key activities and achievements for the year.
Our Top 10 for 2018
- Positively influenced the Clean Energy Package
- Finalised environmental footprinting pilots
- Positioned copper as an alternative to rare-earth materials via the Horizon 2020-funded ReFreeDrive project
- Advanced a refined test method for determining corrosivity of solid bulk cargoes, replacing a test that gave erratic results for copper concentrates
- Actively addressed the critical issue of lead as a candidate for authorisation under REACH
- Hosted an event on copper sustainability and environmental indicators
- Harmonised hazard classifications of granulated copper, setting a positive precedent for assessments of other copper forms
- Established a project to operationalise the concept of dissipation in the Life Cycle Impact Assessment
- Launched a new website and saw visitor numbers double
- Established a Public Affairs function in Brussels and strengthened our reputation building efforts
Introduced by our Chairman and our CEO, the report addresses five core areas: circular economy and sustainable development, clean energy and transport, buildings and infrastructure, health and environment, and public affairs and communications.
The full report is available at annual-report.copperalliance.eu.