The European Copper Institute’s 2017 Annual Report is now available to read at this link.
The report provides an overview of who we are and how we operate and presents our main activities throughout 2017.
Our key activities included:
- Providing research and regulatory input to the European Commission to help ensure Europe’s copper industry can continue delivering sustainable growth and jobs.
- Helping shape the debate on the Clean Energy Package and adding building automation to the Brussels agenda, paving the way to smarter buildings in Europe.
- Coordinating industry inputs on major EU building construction regulatory developments and technical issues, including building construction waste and recycling.
- Providing data and technical support to European industries looking to optimise products and services by making effective use of copper and its alloys.
- Developing a Public Affairs function to strengthen our narrative on copper as an enabler of a sustainable future for Europe.
- Continuing to work with the Copper Alliance, and alongside our members and the broader metals community, building strategic partnerships with companies and organisations throughout Europe and beyond.
- Continuously improving our ways of working, to create a European Copper Institute which is fit for the future and driven by focus, agility and expertise.